Skip to content

Main Navigation



Master of Science in International Affairs and Global Enterprise tuition is course-based. Courses offered through the College of Social and Behavioral Science (CSBS), with exception of MIAGE-administered core courses, are charged at general tuition rate. Courses offered through the College of Law or the School of Business are offered at the current tuition rates for those colleges. For example, if you take one anthropology course from CSBS, one law course, and one management course, you will pay general tuition for the anthropology course, law tuition for the law course and school of business tuition for the management course.

The University of Utah Tuition Rate Schedule and tools

In-State Tuition for Residents of 15 WICHE States

The MIAGE program is proud to be part of the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP). WRGP makes high-quality, distinctive graduate programs available to students of the West at a reasonable cost. As part of the Student Exchange Program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education, WRGP helps place students in a wide range of graduate programs, all designed around the educational, social, and economic needs of the West.

Through WRGP, residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming are eligible to enroll in available programs outside of their home state at resident tuition rates. Students need not meet financial aid criteria.

To be included in WRGP, programs must meet the criteria of distinctiveness and quality. Programs are nominated by their institutions, peer reviewed by other graduate institutions in the West, and approved biannually by the Student Exchange Program Advisory Council, a policy body that represents all participating states.

To receive WRGP tuition status, students apply directly to The University of Utah Master of International Affairs and Global Enterprise program and identify themselves as WICHE WRGP applicants. WRGP students must fulfill all the usual requirements of the institution concerned and meet all admission deadlines.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do you apply for WRGP status?
You should apply for admission to the program through the regular admissions process. Please contact the Program Manager and let her know you are applying as a WICHE WRGP student.

How do you establish residency for the program?
WRGP is open to all residents of the 15 participating states. Normally, students should be a resident of one of these states for at least one year before applying for admission as a WRGP student.

What does a student do if he/she is billed at the wrong tuition rate?
Occasionally, a student is incorrectly billed for the full nonresident tuition. If this happens, please contact us immediately.

Can a student attend part-time as a WRGP student?
Part-time students (matriculated) are eligible to participate if they have been admitted to the program.

Who can I contact for more information?
Contact our Program Manager for assistance with the WRGP and the MIAGE degree. For more information about the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) visit their website.

I am an Adviser. Do you have printable materials I can share with students?
Yes. Here is a flyer about WICHE in-state tuition you can share with students. For more printable materials, please contact the MIAGE Program Manager.

Last Updated: 3/27/20