All graduate candidates for graduation must contact the MIAGE Program Manager to ensure graduation requirements have been met and then complete an Application for Graduate Degree with the Registrar's Office, Graduation Division. You will find an active link to apply for graduation once your committee has been entered into the Graduate Student Degree Tracking system. The Program Manager will help you with this. Deadlines for submission are listed below. Applications will not be accepted more than one year in advance, and late applications will delay graduation. Please read the information and instructions on this page and on the Registrar's Office, Graduation Division page.
January 29, 2021: Spring semester graduation application deadline.
March 26 - 28, 2021: Grad Fair: Student regalia available for purchase and pick-up at the Campus Store.
Regalia available at special sale prices during this time. Representatives and vendors for class rings, announcements, diploma frames, and more will be in attendance.
April 28 - April 29, 2021: Late orders/pick-up available for student regalia.
Students can both order and pick up their regalia in-store on a first-come, first-served basis during this time. Not all sizes and colors are guaranteed.
May 6-7, 2021: Commencement events
May 26, 2021: Summer semester graduation application deadline.
September 3, 2021: Fall graduation application deadline
In order to graduate, MIAGE students must complete the following requirements:
- Complete all core course requirements with a grade of B- or better (21 credits)
- IAGE 6800 Foundations of IAGE
- MGT 6790 International Management
- POLS 6630 Foundations of International Organizations
- IAGE 6900 Capstone Seminar
- LAW 7910 or another approved law course
- ECON 6520
- PADMIN 6289 OR SOC 6110 for students who started prior to 2020
- Complete six elective courses with a grade of C or better (18 credits)
- Complete an Internationally related internship, unless waiver approved
- Demonstrate a second-year equivalency in a foreign language
- Complete a Major Project or Research Paper
- Apply for graduation through CIS
- To apply on or before the due date simply click on the “Graduation” tile on your Student Homepage in Campus Information Services (CIS) and follow the instructions. See directions below. (Note: The link does not become active until your Supervisory Committee has been entered into Grad School Tracking.
How to Apply for Graduation
- Ask the Program Manager enter your committee into Graduate Student Degree Tracking. This will open the "apply to graduate" link in CIS.
- Access the graduation tile in CIS and follow the prompts to complete your graduation application.
- Inform the program manager in the MIAGE Office of your intent to graduate
Clear up any "I" or "T" grades. Students with "I" or "T" grades will not be cleared for graduation by the Registrar's Office.
The Graduate School requires that a student be registered for at least one semester credit hour during the semester in which they plan to graduate. Please see the Graduate School policy for details.
All graduate students must adhere to the Graduate School's policies and procedures in order to graduate. The University will graduate students when all degree requirements are met, and all grades are submitted.
Graduation Regalia can be purchased through the University of Utah's Campus Store or during certain on-campus events. For current regalia purchase information, check out the link below. For regalia purposes, please note that the MIAGE program in in the College of Social and Behavioral Science and our graduates wear their colors: red and white.
Commencement and Convocation Ceremonies
The Commencement Ceremony is the highlight of your graduate study, at which time you
will be honored for your academic achievements. Check the official university commencement
page for current information.
The University of Utah commencement and convocation ceremonies are held annually at the conclusion of spring semester. Spring ceremonies are held the beginning of May for degree candidates for summer, fall and spring. Commencement and convocation ceremonies are only held in the spring. If a student is within a year of graduation, they may walk in the convocation ceremony.
In addition to general commencement, each college holds a convocation ceremony, where students are acknowledged individually by degree.
Receiving Your Diploma
Diplomas are mailed at the end of the semester in which the program was completed, after the appropriate paperwork has been processed. A diploma will be mailed within 90 days to the last address The University of Utah has for the student. If you would like to verify or change your address (and we strongly encourage you to do so), please do so in your CIS account, or call the registrar's office at 801-581-5808.