Outcomes and Careers
Upon completing a Master of Science in International Affairs and Global Enterprise (MIAGE), graduates will have developed a variety of valuable skills and knowledge, making them competitive applicants in their respective career fields. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the MIAGE program, the degree outcome can look very different for each student, as they can tailor their academic experience to fit their specific needs.
MIAGE Graduates Are
MIAGE Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate orally and write in at least one language other than English at the Advanced Proficiency level.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex international organizational problems that require well-developed skills in analysis and synthesis and document clearly and effectively the processes used and conclusions reached.
- Understand and articulate basic competencies and skills needed to lead and manage effectively in a global enterprise.
- Understand and articulate the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies in the global legal context.
- Understand and articulate the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies in the global political-cultural context.
- Understand and articulate the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies in the global socio-economic context.
- Understand and articulate the interactions and inter-relatedness among the legal, political-cultural, and socio-economic contexts and how they affect the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies globally.
- Understand the applications and misapplications of various research designs and methods in the international context.
Who Hires MIAGE Graduates?
|American Express||Nevada Governor's Office of Econ. Dev.|
|Arlington Parks & Recreation||Huntsman Cancer Institute|
|Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry||Office of the Federal Public Defender|
|Catholic Community Services Utah||Outcry Digital|
|Charles Koch Foundation||Paradise Staffing LLC|
|Conversion Cake, The Story Engine||Product Innovation|
|Crowdhire||Red Butte Garden|
|CyberSource||Resource Exchange International|
|Department of Workforce Services||Salt Lake County|
|Ei Companies||Smart Rockstars|
|Fidelity Investments||South Valley Journal|
|Freelance||State of Utah Department of Technology Services|
|Giving Operations, Walmart||SweetSense Inc.|
|Green Garment Standard||Unified Police Department/HCA Healthcare|
|Health Catalyst||United States Airforce|
|HNRY Logistics||United Way of Salt Lake|
|Illumina Inc.||University of Utah|
|Ivanti||University of Utah Health|
|Kai Social Media/University Growth Fund||Utah Pathology Services, Inc.|
|Kelly Services||Utah SITLA|
|Leisure Lane||Vivint Smart Home|
|LendingClub||Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner|
|Letter for Change||Weber State University|
|Lizard Skins||Wells Fargo|
|Lucid||World Trade Center, Utah|
|Macote Entrepeneur Center||Young Living Essential Oils|
|Moran Eye Center||ZNET Thermal and Technologies|
Alumni Job Titles
|Account Executive||Head of Operations|
|Account Executive, EDU||Hiring Consultant|
|Sales Operations and ERP Administrator||International Admissions|
|Assistant Director||International Business Manager|
|Assistant Director Resource Exchange||International Program Coordinator|
|Assistant to the Director||Logistics Solutions Manager|
|Associate - Security Division Operations||Manager, Administration|
|Business Development Analyst||Monitoring Rule Development Team, Financial Intelligence Unit|
|Business Owner||Operations and Board Support Officer|
|Business Systems Consultant||Political Consultant/Ministry Managers|
|C-21 Aircraft Commander||President|
|CEO/Co-Founder||Principal Financial Analyst|
|Chief Financial Officer||Product Manager Intern|
|Crime Analyst||PR, Media Relations, & Content Marketing Specialist|
|Database Analyst||Quality analyst|
|Database Manager & Administrative Assistant||Researching and Writing Attorney|
|Department Director, Administrative Services||Senior Account Executive|
|Detective/Security Officer||Senior Business Development Manager|
|Director||Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Manager|
|Director of Grants and Operations||Senior Database Resource Specialist|
|Director of PR and Marketing||Senior IT Project Manager|
|EDI Analyst||Senior Program Manager|
|Executive Director||Senior Regional Consultant|
|Founder||Senior Transit Safety Integration Specialist|
|Founder, Professional Speaker||Sr. Product Marketing Manager and Writer|
|Freelance Journalist (Seattle/Yemen)||Technology Category Manager|
|Global Product Marketing and Brand Manager||Senior Stock Plan Executive Services Specialist|
|Global Trade Compliance Specialist||Vice President/Venture Capital Intern|
|Grant Management Associate||Writer/Reporter|